You’re on vacations, 😌 lying down on a sandy beach 🏖or exploring a new country 📍and instead of relaxing, you’re:
a) Thinking about quickly checking your email 📧 or slack
b) Wondering if everything is good at work 🤔
c) Thinking about how you’ll deal with future projects 🔮
d) Being called to resolve a particular situation 🆘
Does this ring a bell? 😁
For me it’s rather difficult to disconnect from work completely and that’s why I decided to do some research on what’s the internet advice for unplugging. Here are some suggestions:
- Limit the use of technology and connectivity 🚫(consider a tech-free vacation)
- Silence your phone 📵
- Turn off all the notifications 📴
- Create a “DO NOT OPEN” folder on your smartphone and include all the work related apps 😉
- Make sure your colleagues know you’re on vacation. Before leaving pass your responsibilities on them. 🤝
- Do not feel guilty for not working. Everybody deserves a break. 😜
- Connect with nature. 🌲🏞 Get adventurous.
- Choose off grid vacation destinations. 🌏Try to escape modern day chaos.
- Program your mind-set. ☯Refocus your attention on non-work related topics.
Since we’re more productive after taking a break and since I’m currently on vacations (self-high five ✋), I’ll test these suggestions. 😀
Let’s see how effective they are. Feel free to do the same & let me know how it goes! 👍